Friday, April 08, 2005

Book Meme

Hello. Thank you to Alphonse for forwarding this. Now I feel obliged to jump on the Book Meme bandwagon. I'm not sure that I am quite clever enough for this, however I'll give it a try.

You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?

Reading this question makes me want to choose a book that won't get burned. But I'll go in the opposite direction and choose something that was probably subject to many book burnings over time, namely J K Huysmans Against Nature, mainly because I, too, want a gem encrusted tortise. Des Essientes certainly qualifies as idol worthy in my book.

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

Many. Ziggy Stardust comes to mind.

The last book you bought is:

Crisis of Democracy: Report on the Governability of Democracies to the Trilateral Commission written in the 1975 by Micheal Crozier as a sort of summary of the problems facing "democracies" and a series of remedies.This book strikes my as the antithesis to the Anarchists Cookbook; certainly the title The Capitalists Cookbook would be a much more appropriate title than "Crisis in Democracy."

The last book you read:

The last book I finished was the Pilgrims Progress by John Bunyan.

What are you currently reading?

Bigot Hall by Steve Aylett. Totally hillarious and brilliant. One of his best.

Five books you would take to a deserted island:

Firstly I don't believe in desert(ed) islands. But in the spirit of the question:

The Three Imposters by Arthur Machen
The Science Fiction of Edgar Allen Poe by Edgar Allen Poe
Slaughtermatic by Steve Aylett
The Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
Lipstick Traces by Greil Marcus

I would probably take the same books with me to an island like GITMO, too.

Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?

Laura because she is my wife
Anna because she is my friend
Target Audience because he's my blog-mate

No comments:

Post a Comment